1 lb Finnan Haddie ( Smoked Haddock)
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
salt & pepper to taste
Hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced (optional)
1. Place finnan haddie in a pot and cover with water.
2. Bring to boil over medium heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove from pot, drain all liquid and flake fish.
4. In the same pot, melt butter, whisk in flour and cook over medium heat 1or 2 minutes until mixture starts foaming.
5. Over low heat, gradually add in 1 1/2 cups of milk, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens.
6. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
7. Add flaked finnan haddie, stirring to combine and warm throughout.
8. Serve over boiled potatoes or toast points.
9. Add sliced hard boiled eggs to cream sauce if desired.